Elevate Your Style with Exquisite Kurta Sets for Women
"Summer by Priyanka Gupta" offers an exquisite collection of kurta sets that are perfect for the summer season. From breezy cotton kurtas to elegant linen ensembles, our collection is designed to provide both style and comfort during the hot months.
You can conveniently browse and purchase kurta sets online through our website, which provides a user-friendly interface and secure payment options. The online shopping experience ensures that you can explore our collection from the comfort of your own home, at any time that suits you.
If you prefer a more hands-on shopping experience, "Summer by Priyanka Gupta" also has a physical store located in Delhi, where you can visit and explore our range of kurta sets in person. The physical store provides an opportunity to see and feel the fabrics, try on different styles, and receive personalized assistance from their knowledgeable staff.
Whether you choose to shop online or visit our physical store, "Summer by Priyanka Gupta" aims to provide an amazing shopping experience. Our collection of kurta sets combines contemporary designs with traditional elements, ensuring that you find the perfect ensemble for any occasion.
So, visit "Summer by Priyanka Gupta" today, either online or at our physical store in Delhi, and indulge in a delightful shopping experience while exploring their exquisite collection of kurta sets.
What are Kurta Sets?
Kurta sets for women are traditional Indian outfits that consist of a kurta (a loose-fitting shirt), paired with bottoms such as pajamas, salwar, or churidar, and often accompanied by a dupatta (a long scarf). These sets are designed specifically for women, offering a comfortable and stylish option for various occasions.
The kurta in a women's kurta set is typically longer in length, reaching below the waist and sometimes even knee-length or longer. It can have various necklines such as round, V-neck, boat neck, or mandarin collar, among others. The sleeves of the kurta can be long, three-fourth, or short, depending on the style and personal preference.
The bottoms that are paired with the kurta can vary. Pajamas are comfortable and loose-fitting trousers that are commonly worn with kurta sets. Salwar is a type of baggy pants with a fitted waistband and loose-fitting from the hips down. Churidar is a form-fitting legging-style bottom with gathers at the ankles. These bottoms complement the kurta and complete the outfit.
Dupatta, the long scarf, is often included with women's kurta sets. It can be worn in different ways, draped over the shoulders, or around the neck, adding elegance and completing the ensemble. The dupatta can be matched with the kurta or can be in a contrasting color or design, enhancing the overall look.
Women's kurta sets come in a wide variety of fabrics, designs, and colors. They can be simple and casual for everyday wear or elaborate and embellished for special occasions like weddings, festivals, or cultural celebrations. The choice of fabric, design, and embellishments depends on personal preferences and the specific event or occasion.
Kurta sets for women offer a versatile and timeless style, combining tradition with contemporary fashion. They are worn not only in India but also by women across the globe who appreciate the elegance, comfort, and cultural richness that these outfits bring.
What are the types of Kurta Sets?
There are numerous types of kurta sets available, each with its own unique style and characteristics. Here are ten popular types of kurta sets:
Anarkali Kurta Set
Anarkali kurta sets feature a flared silhouette with a fitted bodice and a flowing skirt-like bottom. They are often embellished with intricate embroidery, sequins, or other decorative elements.
Straight-Cut Kurta Set
Straight-cut kurta sets have a simple and straight silhouette. The kurta falls straight from the shoulders to the hemline without any flares or gathers.
A-Line Kurta Set
A-line kurta sets are tailored in the shape of an "A," with a fitted bodice that gradually flares out towards the hemline. They offer a flattering fit and are suitable for various body types.
Pathani Kurta Set
Pathani kurta sets are inspired by traditional attire worn in the region of Punjab. They have a loose and comfortable fit, with a knee-length kurta and straight-cut or loose-fitting bottoms.
Asymmetric Kurta Set
Asymmetric kurta sets feature an uneven or asymmetrical hemline, creating a contemporary and stylish look. The hemline can be longer on one side or have multiple layers.
Jacket Style Kurta Set
Jacket style kurta sets include a kurta worn with a matching or contrasting jacket. The jacket can be either long or short, adding layers and enhancing the overall look.
Floor-Length Kurta Set
Floor-length kurta sets are characterized by long kurtas that reach the floor. They are often paired with fitted bottoms or flared skirts, creating an elegant and regal appearance.
Shirt Style Kurta Set
Shirt-style kurta sets resemble button-down shirts with collars and buttons down the front. They offer a fusion of traditional and modern styles and can be worn casually or for formal occasions.
Kalidar Kurta Set
Kalidar kurta sets feature a kalidar pattern, which refers to panels of fabric that are stitched together to create a flared effect. This design element adds volume and movement to the kurta.
Printed Kurta Set
Printed kurta sets come in a variety of prints, such as floral, geometric, paisley, or abstract designs. The prints can be small and delicate or bold and vibrant, catering to different preferences.
What are the fabrics used for Kurta sets?
Kurta sets are made from a wide range of fabrics, each with its own unique characteristics and appeal. Here are some common fabrics used for kurta sets:
- Cotton: Cotton is a popular fabric choice for kurta sets, especially in warm climates. It is lightweight, breathable, and comfortable, making it ideal for casual and everyday wear.
- Silk: Silk is a luxurious and elegant fabric often used for special occasions and festive kurta sets. It has a smooth and lustrous texture that adds a touch of sophistication to the outfit.
- Linen: Linen is a lightweight and breathable fabric that is perfect for summer kurta sets. It has a natural texture and offers a relaxed and casual look.
- Rayon: Rayon is a semi-synthetic fabric that is soft and drapes well. It is often used to create flowing and comfortable kurta sets.
- Chiffon: Chiffon is a sheer and lightweight fabric that adds a feminine and ethereal touch to kurta sets. It is often used for dupattas or as an overlay for a layered look.
- Georgette: Georgette is a crepe-like fabric that is lightweight and flowy. It is commonly used for kurta sets with a flared silhouette or layered styles.
- Brocade: Brocade is a richly textured fabric with intricate patterns woven into it. It is often used for traditional and festive kurta sets, adding a regal and ornate touch.
- Chanderi: Chanderi is a traditional Indian fabric known for its sheer texture and delicate handwoven patterns. It is commonly used for kurta sets with a blend of traditional and contemporary styles.
- Velvet: Velvet is a plush and luxurious fabric often chosen for formal and winter kurta sets. It has a rich texture and provides warmth during colder seasons.
- Khadi: Khadi is a handspun and handwoven fabric that holds cultural and historical significance in India. It is often used for kurta sets, showcasing a unique and artisanal appeal.
Shop Summer Kurta Sets
Summer kurta sets are specifically designed to provide comfort and breathability during hot and humid weather. They are made from lightweight fabrics that allow air circulation and keep the wearer cool. Here are some fabric options to consider for summer kurta sets:
- Cotton: Cotton is the go-to fabric for summer kurta sets. It is highly breathable, absorbs moisture, and allows air to pass through, keeping the body cool. Cotton kurtas are comfortable for daily wear and come in various prints and patterns.
- Linen: Linen is another excellent choice for summer kurta sets. It is a natural fabric that offers excellent breathability, durability, and moisture-wicking properties. Linen kurtas have a relaxed and casual appeal, perfect for hot summer days.
- Khadi: Khadi is a handspun and handwoven fabric that is traditionally made in India. It is lightweight, breathable, and has a unique texture. Khadi kurtas are ideal for summer as they provide excellent airflow and have a natural, organic feel.
- Mulmul: Mulmul, also known as muslin, is a lightweight and soft cotton fabric. It is highly breathable and has a slightly sheer texture. Mulmul kurtas are comfortable and perfect for hot and humid summer days.
- Voile: Voile is a lightweight and semi-sheer fabric made from cotton or cotton blends. It has a soft and silky texture, offering a delicate and feminine look. Voile kurtas are airy and provide a relaxed fit for summer wear.
- Rayon: Rayon is a synthetic fabric that is known for its softness and breathability. It mimics the qualities of natural fibers and is lightweight, making it a suitable choice for summer kurta sets. Rayon kurtas often come in vibrant prints and colors.
- Georgette: Georgette is a lightweight and slightly sheer fabric that drapes well. It has a flowy texture and provides good ventilation. Georgette kurtas offer a stylish and breezy option for summer occasions.
What accessories go well with Kurta Sets?
When styling kurta sets, there are several accessories that can enhance the overall look and complement the outfit. Here are five accessories that go well with kurta sets:
Juttis or Mojris
Juttis or mojris are traditional Indian footwear that pairs beautifully with kurta sets. These intricately embroidered or embellished flat shoes add a touch of elegance and complete the traditional look. They are available in various colors and designs to match different kurta sets.
A pair of statement earrings can elevate the look of a kurta set. Whether it's jhumkas, chandbalis, or danglers, choose earrings that match the color scheme or design elements of your kurta set. They add a touch of glamour and draw attention to your face.
Potli Bag or Clutch
A potli bag or a small clutch can be a stylish accessory to carry with a kurta set. Opt for a bag with intricate embroidery, sequins, or mirror work to complement the outfit. Potli bags and clutches in contrasting colors or complementary shades can add a pop of color to the overall look.
Bangle or Bracelet Set
Adding bangles or bracelets to your wrists can enhance the beauty of your kurta set. Choose bangles or bracelets that match the color palette or decorative elements of your outfit. You can opt for metal bangles, glass bangles, or even stacked bracelets to add a touch of elegance and traditional charm.
If your kurta set includes a dupatta, you can accessorize it with decorative pins, brooches, or tassels. These small accessories can add a stylish touch and help secure the dupatta in place. Choose accessories that complement the color or design of the dupatta to create a cohesive and polished look.
Remember, the choice of accessories may vary depending on the occasion and personal style preferences. It's always a good idea to select accessories that enhance the overall look of the kurta set and reflect your individual taste.
Shop Kurta Sets in wide range of colors
Kurta sets come in a wide range of colors, catering to different preferences, occasions, and personal styles. Here are some popular color options for kurta sets:
- White: White is a classic and timeless color for kurta sets. It exudes elegance and simplicity, and can be paired with various bottoms and accessories. White kurta sets are often favored for their versatility and suitability for both casual and formal occasions.
- Pastels: Soft pastel shades like baby pink, mint green, lavender, and powder blue are popular choices for kurta sets. These colors have a delicate and feminine appeal, creating a fresh and soothing look. Pastel kurta sets are often associated with spring and summer seasons.
- Vibrant Colors: Kurta sets in vibrant and bold colors like red, royal blue, emerald green, and fuchsia make a strong style statement. These colors are eye-catching and exude confidence and energy. Vibrant colored kurta sets are often chosen for festive and celebratory occasions.
- Earth Tones: Earthy colors like beige, taupe, olive green, and mustard yellow offer a natural and rustic vibe to kurta sets. They are versatile and can be paired with different bottoms and accessories. Earth tone kurta sets are often favored for their warm and earthy appeal.
- Jewel Tones: Deep and rich jewel tones like ruby red, sapphire blue, amethyst purple, and emerald green are luxurious options for kurta sets. These colors have a regal and opulent feel, making them ideal for special occasions and evening events.
- Neutrals: Neutrals such as black, gray, navy, and brown are versatile and timeless choices for kurta sets. They offer a sophisticated and understated elegance and can be easily paired with different bottoms and accessories. Neutral kurta sets are often favored for their versatility and ability to be dressed up or down.
- Prints and Patterns: Kurta sets also come in various prints and patterns, such as floral, geometric, paisley, and abstract designs. Prints add visual interest and can be found in a wide range of color combinations, allowing for more personalized and unique choices.